With the emergence of the latest digital device models, an unlimited number of photos taken with devices downloaded from the Internet or photographing / recording videos, HD videos also increase storage requirements. Therefore, SD cards have become the most convenient tool for portable data storage devices. SD cards in smartphones, tablets, digital cameras and many other devices are the main source of portable data storage.
Users may occasionally encounter problems with SD cards when accessing data. When memory cards become corrupted, formatted, or damaged, all stored photos, videos, and other files will be lost. Usually, this starts with an error message. If it is not handled properly, it may leave you with a permanent loss of data.
Memory cards have a limited life span. For example, a flash card unit can write / erase approximately 10,000 times. Since the possibility of deterioration after prolonged use increases, it may be better if you do not use SD cards which are frequently processed for several years.
SD Card Distortion Symptoms
- You cannot do anything with your camera when a black screen appears and an Unable to access SD card error message appears. Because the files or directories on the memory card are broken and unreadable. (Doesn’t See SD Card)
- Most photos on the SD card are missing.
- When you try to read the SD card, no folders are displayed or all folders do not open and Read / Write Error on SD Card indicating that they cannot be read from the device. (SD Card Not Opening)
- You are receiving error messages by saying ’memory card error or kart bad memory card an when trying to open valuable photos or videos stored on the card. (Data Recovery from Damaged SD Card)
- You can see the contents of your SD card in your system as well as in your camera. However, you cannot copy this content and you do not receive an error message stating that the disc is ”write-protected . (SD Card Not Read)
- Your SD card is recognized by your PC, but you cannot see the recorded photo or video. You receive an SD card not formatted message. and do you want to format it now? (Memory card is full but no files are visible. SD Card Requests Formatting)
- When your SD card is corrupted, there is no guarantee that you will always get your data back. You may not be able to repair it in case of physical damage. However, if there is a software error, it can be solved in a simple way.
Data Recovery from Defective Memory CardStep 1 – Sometimes some devices may not read an SD card, so try plugging your SD card into another device.
Step 2 – Insert the affected card into a card reader and insert it into the PC. Click “Start” on your Windows taskbar, and then select “Computer Windows. Search your SD card under sürücü Removable Storage array and note the assigned drive letter.
Then click ”Start“ again and type cmd “in the ve search tık box. Right-click in Cmd , and then select sağ Run as administrator “. When a command window opens, type f CHKDSK ardından, followed by the drive letter corresponding to the SD card, and then type in the command with two dots and / f. CHKDSK will check for possible errors and try to fix the corrupted SD card.
chkdsk E: / fMore information on the use of CHKDSK can be found on the official website of microsoft and here.
Step 3 – Connect your SD card to the computer with a card reader, if your system cannot assign a new drive letter, then it is not reading. In some cases, the reader indicates that this card cannot be read if you receive the message Please insert the disk in drive E: even if the drive has been assigned a drive letter. To troubleshoot the problem, assign a new drive letter to the memory card through your operating system settings.
Step 4 – If none of the files can be read, the file names will probably be listed in the directory, but the files will be inaccessible. You can right-click the drive letter and select “Properties . When you view the used space on the card, all of the files have been deleted, or the directory has been deleted, if the entire disk appears as free space. In this case, it is the best solution to interfere with the data recovery program.
Step 5 – If you can read all files but cannot save them, your card may be in write-protected mode. To save or change files on the card, turn on the write-protect switch.
If you still can’t read or write the card, you need to use a disk testing tool that can also work on memory cards to fix it. You can probably start reusing your memory card again. However, the formatting will remove everything on the card. Therefore, make sure that you have saved all saved files and that you have copied everything to another drive. (Consult us for data recovery without formatting SD Card or browse other blog posts.)
Step 6 – You can try to reinstall the driver for the memory card. To do this, follow these steps:
- Navigate to My Computer / This Computer and right-click. Select Manage.
- Click Device Manager on the left.
- Double-click Disk Drives from the list. Then right-click the name of your removable drive.
- Click Remove and OK.
- Remove the memory card and restart your computer.
- Reinstall your SD card.
Step 7 – Did nothing work? At this point, it is up to you to contact the Data Recovery Center to try to find the right tool, try your own, or save your lost, deleted and inaccessible files from the SD card.
When an SD card is inaccessible or formatted, the stored data is often invisible. However, all files remain in the same position on the card and can be recovered with a data recovery technology. Best Data Recovery has enough experience to bring all lost photos and other media files out of their real place and make them visible. To retrieve all lost files from the SD card, make sure that the card is not physically damaged. Also stop using your SD card to increase the data recovery rate.
We will be happy to support you as Best Data Recovery for your Data Recovery needs from Memory Card. You can reach us by email or phone.